Saturday, January 19, 2013

Seriously, again?!?!

Yesterday Holden again got out the cocoa powder  to "make crumpets." When I came into the kitchen to AGAIN see that devilish powder strewn about my again, cleaned working station... well, this time I did not laugh, or cry... I just got mad mom-eyes and raised my voice.

Needless to say I was disappointed in myself. If I'm honest about the day's events, I would've realized at the time that it happened after he had asked me to come look at the hotel he built; and I brushed him off because I was trying to get Z to sleep. He obviously was doing something for attention because he knew the baking stuff was 'off limits' without an adult.

At one point, while I was on hands and knees scrubbing the floor (again), he was hugging Zoë on the opposite side of the kitchen and kept saying: "I love you Zoë. We must stay away from Mom 'cause she looks scary." I kind of chuckled under my huffy breath (he couldn't see.) I told my mother in law: "At least he knows to protect his sister from crazy people!"

Shortly after -- when we talked about it, I explained that just like he gets frustrated with Zoë or other kids when they knock down the tower he built, or mess up something he's created that it makes him mad and frustrated. Well, when he messes up my kitchen and makes a giant mess, I feel like he's knocked down my tower. It hurst my feelings and I feel like he doesn't care or respect my things. That seemed to resonate a little more with him.

I guess he forgave me, since less than 20 minutes following said event he was telling me he loved me and I was "his favorite mom." (Not sure where they are in Primary on the family unit, but I thought he knew as Mormons we don;t practice polygamy anymore.)



******************
This week's Chubbie Club challenge is to have breakfast within 30 minutes of when you wake up.

I am usually pretty good about eating something in the mornings, but I'm often noshing on bites of things for an hour... And not sitting down civilly at a table. Usually I'm eating off of Zoë's high chair or scraps from Holden's breakfast plate.

This will be a good challenge for me. I'm just going add to have breakfast started within 30 min of waking up and once I tart eating, just eat... At a table.

Breakfast 8am
-1/2 ginormous cinnamon roll from Great harvest
Some orange slices
Big glass of OJ

Lunch 11:30
Second 1/2 of my chicken tikka masala from last night with rice. One of the thins I love about Indian food is that the leftovers are every bit as good as the original.

Snacktime
In the car on our way to Logan at 2:25 I opened up the blueberry scones from great harvest and finished off one by myself, and then broke three corners off another one before I decided it was time to be done.

Dinner 4:45 #12 turkey sandwich from jimmy johns - no mayo a few chips, just over 1/2 oatmeal raisin cookie shared w/ Holden (we had a picnic lunch in the Marriott hotel room). Orange slices, 1/2 giant deli pickle.

(At some point I finished off the rest of the blubbery scone. I know it was before 7, but can't remember when...)

Was surprised I made the 7pm rule!

No comments: