Sunday, November 11, 2012

#11: 30 days of thanksgiving

Yoga Bebe?

Last Christmas I got Holden a yoga mat. I didn't expect it to be his favorite gift, but I was hoping once he had his own mat he'd be a little more interested in one of my favorite things in the world. We had been participating in Mommy & Me classes since before he could crawl, and I was really hoping he'd create this passion for it.


Yeah, that never happened.


But this little one is already more interested than her brother ever was, and plays in and in our yoga mat collection without any sort of 'nudging' on my part.


So I recognize a HUGE part of yoga is the practice of "non-attachment." Yes, I know I need to let go of my happiness or sadness that might be attached to any outcome, but it was so fun watching her giggle crawling back and forth on the kids mat last night.


It's not very yogic of me, but I really hope we get to share this love.


Namaste Zoë-Bug. 

No comments: