Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: (12/1/11): Still Pushing Along (but wish I was actually "pushing!")

I guess since I didn't get all 30 days accounted for in November, there's no harm in continuing into December, eh?

OK, the biggest thing that I am thankful for right now is that everything in the pregnancy has mellowed out; and Baby Z looks fine and all indications are healthy at this point. It's kind of crazy to think by my lunar cycle calculations I am 42 weeks tomorrow... that is a long time for being pregnant (in case you didn't know).

Thankfully, I've got a very involved Midwife, and the staff at the U is taking great care of me. As I've mentioned before, we're using the Early Ultrasound Dating as the due date for this baby; so by those calculations, December 7 is the cut off date for Baby Z to cook any longer (that would be the 42 week mark). I swear this kid is going to born with inch long fingernails... and who knows how big?!?!? Though truthfully I don't feel like I have a 9 or 10 pound baby inside me.

As far as gender, I've had two dreams it's a girl, but I'm still leaning towards a boy... I don't really know why. Maybe because 90% of the medical staff refers to Baby Z as a boy? Maybe because that's just what I know?

Anyway, here are some great things about Baby Z and this pregnancy:
  • No longer posterior. Huzzah! One less thing to worry about.
  • 80% effaced and dilated to a 2.
  • Amniotic Fluid levels are normal -- still.
Funny thing about the fluid. There was so much worry with the Polyhydramnios and all the extra fluid; but I'm thinking it was just my body's way of preparing for a 10 month pregnancy. Anything measuring "5" and over is apparently considered normal fluid levels at this point, and I measured 11 today and 15 on Monday. With that kind of drop, I fear if I would've started out normal, I may have been too low by this point and most likely have been induced weeks ago (and probably ended up in the OR again).

So see, everything happens for a reason...

Which is why I'm practicing my patience (though it is soooo hard! I am so anxious and excited for this baby to get here! UGH!!!!) But I really want to give my body every chance with this labor and delivery... maybe this is too much information, but I got my membranes stripped today to see if my body was in fact ready and just needing a little help. Seemed a lot more 'natural' than pitocin. It felt like an appropriate decision. Hopefully something good comes from it.

As always, your prayers and positive energy are greatly appreciated.

Come on Baby Z... let's get an exit strategy going SOON!

5 comments:

Caitlyn said...

I love your attitude. It is going to get you right where you want to be. I'll be praying and thinking about you guys. I can't wait to hear baby Z is here. i'm glad the baby turned for you. Evie was posterior and my tailbone was sore for 2 months.

The Lamoreauxs said...

Good luck, I can't wait to hear! I had to be induced at 5 days overdue because of low fluid which was definitely not the way I wanted to go...so I'm really pulling for ya!

Melanie said...

Serious prayers coming your way! SO exciting. Dec 7th is Austin's one year...good day, but I hope this baby decides to come TOMORROW!

QNC said...

I have no idea what most of the stuff you said in your post means, but I'm pulling for you. Hope you get everything you want in your delivery this time.

Erin said...

Praying for you! I hope by the time you read this your baby is in your arms. If not, hang in there! You are brave and amazing and I wish you both health during this amazing process. It's amazing no matter how that baby ends up in your arms, that's a fact. Love you darling friend! Baby Z, see you soon!