Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: (11/14/11): good news!

Today I am so thankful for good news!


Last night I woke up in the middle of the night literally thinking Baby Z had just dropped...I could no longer feel him (her?) under my rib cage. I tried not to get too excited about it...but my Midwife verified today that the baby did appear to be lower.

She also mentioned that I looked smaller.... that my belly didn't looks as big, and when she measured I was back down to 37 weeks which made her think my amniotic fluid levels might have gone down (maybe to normal?!?!?)

I was also informed that Baby Z is currently posterior, but she gave me some things to do to get the baby in the right position (pretty much yoga poses so it's not going to be that big of a deal for me)... so I am not real worried about that piece. (I mean considering the things we've had to worry about, that's nothing!!!

After my midwife appointment I had another NST scheduled (Non-stress test) and they checked my fluid levels and for the first time in months I was measuring.....NORMAL!!!!! YEY! And Baby Z had plenty of movement... the nurse said Baby looks great. I am so happy to have some good news and see some 'progress.'

Not that it's up to me, but Saturday would be a really great day to have this baby: My doula just got called to jury duty until Thursday and my Midwife is already on-call Saturday... so I figure not only does that work best with their schedules, but it gives me time to finish getting Holiday Cards addressed & mailed, get a pedi (seriously, maybe a spray-tan? I mean, "if you can't tone it, tan it")... watch the Utes play (labor through the game), check into the hospital that evening and amongst lavender scented oil and Indian Chanting music in the background, let Baby Z fall out of me in a beautiful peaceful/orgasmic birth.

Don't you think that sounds perfect? yeah, me too... let's go with that game plan. :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hooray for GOOD NEWS!! Keep it coming okay cutie?