Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day, of course

Happy Tree Hugger Day Friends! What a GOOD FRIDAY it is!

We have been celebrating all week.
  • It started with Meat-Free Monday (and Tuesday, Wed, Thurs and today, actually.)
  • Read The Lorax -- again and again and again and again.
  • Started my first 'official' bit as a regular contributor for Make & Takes talking about living more sustainably for your family and the planet. If you didn't check it out yesterday, just head on over via HERE.
  • And Holden and I spent a good chunk of the day in the dirt and mud and with the worms getting part of our garden prepped. We also got some seeds in the ground; but who knows how they'll do with this weather being so awful.
So last year for Earth Day I did a post about what we were trying to do as a family to be more green. It's funny to look back at that now and see how we don't really 'try' anymore with that list...it's just a part of us. Like Yoda said (paraphrased): There is no try, only do or do not.

But this year, I've got a much bigger list... With the help of Practically Green and a five minute quiz you can see where you rank: somewhere between "barely green" and "wicked green." I didn't make the top cut, as my "Solidly Green" ranking comes with PLENTY of room for improvement; but living sustainably is not an overnight process.

Once you've taken the quiz and your score is tallied, you can earn badges of green honor in different areas of your life. I've gotta admit, I dig my "Natural Baby Badge." I totally double dog dare you to check it out.





No comments: