Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Seventeen (Better late than never...)

I recognize this is going up a little later in the day than most of the others (oh by about 12-14 hours) but I never promised WHAT time I would post.

Anyway, this probably should've been yesterday's entry... but I am grateful for two awesome Brothers-In-Law... erm, Brother-In Laws... um, guys that my sister's married that are legally my brothers... You know what I mean.

Yesterday, it was not only David Cain's birthday...

This is him, in 2006 at our wedding reception


But it was also The Smith's Anniversary (Lucky 13, I think? Maybe 12...)

Also at the Reception, with their two kiddos

Here's a close-up of Wade-Man, since his eyes kind of looked closed with his bride in the other picture.

I have watched both of my sisters over the years, and especially when I was single, I wondered if I would ever find a 'fit' as amazing as their guys. Lucky for me, Danny was still single.

But I just want to say that in the course of the past year or so, and even more recently, I have come to admire these two gentlemen on a level that I really ought not explain on a blog.

But for now, I would like to thank them publicly for loving my sisters, for being a perfect part of our family and for putting up with the Suite-girls.

We are a lot to handle... often times, way to much.

Thank you for loving us (my sisters) and the entire dysfunctional lot known as the Suite Family tree.

Your fortitude and patience are a welcome and needed gift.

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

Go with your gut: brothers-in-law.

That's me, your walking usage guide.

Loves!

Cicely said...

How sweet. I am forwarding your tribute to both of them.