Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 days of Thanksgiving: Eleven

After calming down a little from Utah's pummeling by the Horned Frogs AND the loss of the House in a political-beat-down last week on a not-so-super Tuesday; it made me think about how grateful I am that Danny's a Democrat.

And while there are many reasons I am glad he's 'blue' when it comes to politics, the main reason I'm especially grateful today is that is gives us something not to fight about (not that Danny fights about anything). But (surprise, surprise) I can get so worked up about politics... and the last thing I want to do in the home is waste my time trying to debunk the horrific myth that Supply Side Economics is a good thing, that government is a bad thing, et cetera, et cetera.

I just don't want to waste energy 'discussing' that with my husband.

Let's focus on dealing with the normal marital issues: sex, money and eating sustainable local food so that the environmental impact is lessened for our children. Oh, and who's changing Holden's pants.



Love you darling.

1 comment:

Meesh said...

That is fortunate you both agree. for me, I always wonder how intercollegiate marriages work. I could never be with a BYU fan. It would just kill me, so I hear ya on having one less thing to argue about.