Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paradox or Irony?


A few years ago, I had made a stop at one of those 'water to go' shops, where they have... um, water to go?

Right.

And the salesman was going on and on about how I ought to buy a specific kind of container for my water, and how I needed to invest in reverse osmosis for my shower water, etc, etc.

Really, all I wanted was a refill for my current water bottle; that yes, was made out of plastic, but I was reusing it... so don't throw me to the wolves just yet.

So here he is, having a conniption fit about harsh trace minerals and chemicals and deposits in the H20 from my tap; and twenty minutes later (after we had ducked out and had lunch at a sandwich stop next door) he's in front of his fancy purified water to go shop, and he's ... (wait for it)....



smoking.

6 comments:

Melissa: said...

haha!

That read so smooth and clean, like purified reverse osmosis water.

People are so funny!

Spencer Davis said...

Nothing infuriates me more, then people like that. Except for Hippies. I hate Hippies.

Erin said...

That is really funny. Please tell me you pointed the irony/paradox out to him...

Meesh said...

That is hilarious! Always love a hypocrite.

Cicely said...

I don't see what the big deal is. Smoking makes you sexy.

Shy Little Violets said...

That's hysterical!