Hope you all had a fabulous T-U-R-K-E-Y (M-O-U-S-E) day....Is this like the 4th of July for "Istanbul was Constantinople" (better ask They Might Be Giants). Hmmm, I'm seriously OFF topic. As our evening winds down, I just wanted to make a few notes in my online journal/web log/blog/etc... Just a little free-write to clear the cobwebs, you know?
Nice things about this year's celebration?
There were some great firsts.
- Holden's first Thanksgiving - obviously. And I did not get one picture... which is sad, because I actually did my hair AND put on make up, so you can only imagine I must've looked like a way hot mom -- especially the way I was muffin-topping in my Ann Taylor jeans. But this is about Holden (not me) - and he looked darling, and spent most of the festivities napping. Total HIT! (Minus the muffin-topping of course - that was a total Miss.)
- My first attempt at Pumpkin Pie...and I mean real pumpkin, from scratch. I used an organic pumpkin from the Nelson farm (the lady who taught me to make apple pie this fall); and I have to say I don't think I ever need to do that again (the organic part- sure, the pumpkin pie - not so much). Check it off the list. So Hit - Miss? Um, wash.)
- Cherry Pie - Miss. This one had the same fate as the banana cream from Sunday's festivities: looked like a total mess, but tasted fine. Though my coconut cream was a total HIT: DEEEEEE-LISH!) Not to be confused with the Groove is in the Heart - DeeLite.
So I'm kind of pie'd out (aren't you after my last two posts?)... But on the flip side, at least I've found something else to blog about besides breastmilk and attachment parenting.
So thankful for:
- A pretty dang cute husband
- An amazing son
- Rolling pins
- Flat irons
- Fall wardrobes
- The world-wide-intranets
- Books, Books and more books
- The digital age
- Car seats
- Fro-yo (Fresh Twist)
- Seventh Generation Products
- Winder Farms
- Blowouts (hair of course)
- Lots of other things, but 20 seemed like a good number
*Please note the opinions expressed on Stuff White People Like are not necessarily those of Sabrena Suite-Mangum or Suite Spots. I do find the site pretty dang funny - but wish the 'commenters' would clean up their potty mouths.