Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Reception Perfection

So along with 3 years of marriage, also comes the anniversary of our reception.

Yes, we were married in the Salt Lake Temple on August 1st... part two of the day's events included a lovely dinner and program at the Salt Lake Country Club with about 100 of our closest friends and family.



It was a day of perfection -- spiritual, intimate and lovely.

That night we drove to Park City and spent the next 48 hours or so getting to know each other (absolutely in the Biblical sense!)

Then August 4th, we hosted (what I thought was) the best party of my life. More than 500 people joined us in down town Salt Lake:


...to wish us well, laugh, smile...

... eat (still wishing I had had one of those tarts! You never really get a chance to taste the food at your own reception, eh?)..


...Enjoy an otter pop (it was August, for heaven's sake!)...

The Parker Childs
...Hula...
...enjoy some cotton candy...
The Chad Ingebretsen

..or take home a parting gift (Danny's favorite).

We were intent on trying to steer clear of a 'typical' Mormon reception. I think we pulled it off. My only regrets are not dancing with my father -- I didn;t think he wanted to, but later found out he'd have been more than willing, and that I failed to get real-time video...but the 300 pictures tell a pretty good story.

For those who haven't seen them on facebook:

2 comments:

Erin said...

Your reception seemed legendary. I'm seriously kind of sad we didn't know each other yet- I feel like I missed out! I'm so glad we know each other now though. You are a breath of fresh air and a pure delight to be friends with. Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.