My friends often tease me about referring to Danny as 'my husband.' When we were engaged, I took every opportunity to call him 'my fiance' and took great delight (pre-engagement) to referring to him as 'my boyfriend.' Now I mostly refer to him as 'my baby's daddy.'
But seriously, it's been 3 years of marriage -- to date -- with this incredible man, and I figure it's about time to remind him of why and how much I love him. (as any wife, or husband with a baby in the home knows, your dynamic shifts... and Danny's been a trooper as I have been figuring out how to make both of the males in my life know they are #1... though truthfully, Danny's been getting the shaft lately.)
So sweetie, here goes:
**Note to readers not named Daniel G. Mangum, some of these are obviously inside jokes
- "I love you like I love blueberry pancackes."
- I'm so glad you chose me.
- Thanks for airport pick-ups with Figi Water and Signage.
- Thanks for the BEST ENGAGEMENT ever... even with a 4-hour airport/airplane delay.
- I love that you got me back into snow skiing (and that you find a way to enjoy it with me even though you're so good and I am....well, not so good).
- Thanks for your patience -- I know I'm crazy, and so does everyone else.
- You make the best fajitas.
- Here's to feather dusters and galoshes.
- Thanks for the GINORMOUS (non-IKEA) mirror (I especially loved it in our downtown apartment.)
- You're a good little yogi - even if you don't like it -- thanks for letting me try it on for size.
- Thanks for giving me Holden.
- I heart your yogi toes.
- I love that when I started dating you (and even on our wedding day) you looked like a teenager... (not in a creepy way, but back then you were soooo young.) 22 and me 28?!?? What were we thinking... it's waaaaay different now, eh?
- Here's to Sun Valley, progressive politics and our dream for Universal Health Care!!!
- Falling in love with you was the EASIEST thing I've ever done.
- You're the BEST travel partner in the world: Eden, California, Denver, Florida, Paris, Switzerland, St. George, Powell... wherever you are, I want to be.
- It's awesome that no matter how fat I get, you find the positive (i.e. "hmm, bigger chest? Sweet."
- Thank you for telling me I'm beautiful even when I don't believe it and am convinced you need your eyes checked.
- You're an incredible athlete... sorry I'm such an idiot on the tennis court.
- Thanks for being an active participant in the raising of OUR child. I love that there is nothing I do for Holden that you can't/won't do...
- Thanks for our home, and for cheerfully enduring my 'stuff.'