Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Pitter Patter of Little Tweets

So we got back from Seattle last night (as you may have seen from my "tweets"). Holden is the best traveler.

As much as I never want to put him down (and seriously could cuddle him a whole flight and beyond), I'm a safety kid and my training as a flight attendant in my past life means we are car seat on the airplane (pretty much unless I'm changing his pants.)



But he mostly sleeps the whole flight, and if not... he's so even tempered there's really not much of a difference. His ears don't seem to bother him, even if he's not sucking on something. I don't get it. What can I say? The kid was made to be a jet setter. I heard Salt Lake's getting a Tokyo "direct" in June... maybe it's time to take him international?

Anyway, we had a great time with the little guy and Danny's parents.

He spent more time sleeping in the "jeep pack" than in his co-sleeper I think. We hit up Pike's Place market a few times; had chowder and dinner at Ivar's and went to the Mariner's game. It started at 8:10 pm MT so Holden only made it through a couple of innings before we brought him back to the hotel; but I think it was more about the photo op anyway.



You can check out the collage of pics here.

4 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

this is probably a dumb question but do you get a seat for him for the car seat or...? (question from a fellow safety kid).
I love that nothing slows you guys down - kid? no problem, still traveling and enjoying life, it makes me even more excited for our little man to arrive!
take care yo

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

H- Yes, yes! Car seat ALL the way!

I just have this fear of hitting clear-air turbulence (especially with how much we've made the trek to St. George so much) and him hitting his head and suffering a neck/spine injury. (Like I said, I think with being a Flight attendant, I've seen too much.)

Plus take off and landing... it's just way safer in those critical phases of flight. We're lucky with the airline privileges; so we don't pay for tickets usually, but we got him one for our San Diego trip next month because we all bought tix.

To each his own, you know? But it's what works for us!

And yes! We L-O-V-E traveling with the little. He's hardly ever in the stroller (I feel it's too cumbersome most of the time, but great for carrying our luggage at the airport!) But he rocks it in the "pack." I strongly suggest trying one out with your soon-to-arrive bundle.

Shauntel said...

I too love that you haven't slowed down. That's our goal too. And if you recommend a certain pack for the little one, let me know, because he or she will definitely be getting packed around.

On the beloved subject of Tokyo, we're actually already tentatively planning an international flight with our bundle next summer, for Jess' "graduation present." (It's just an excellent excuse to go, oh how we love our Tokyo so!)

So should you need tips and/or a tour guide :), let me know. And I'll definitely be needing your "traveling with baby" tips. :)

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Shaunts -
I love my "jeep"pack... I think it's less than $40 at babies r us...

Though everyone RAVEs about the Baby Bjorn carriers. They're about $20 - $30 more. Both can carry your baby facing you and facing forward... so I would say check out both. Danny picked ours out, but it works great (especially so you have both hands for security lines at the airport). No complaints on this end!

And maybe we should plan the Tokyo thing together? ;) If I still have the travel bennies.