Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Stats

A few Stats on my son, and other random factiods I'm discovering:

SEVEN: The number of diaper changes Holden had this morning between 8:30 am and 12:25 pm. He then went on to tally another seven before 6 pm. It's not that I want to change his pants, it's just if a drop of anything touches his diaper, he is quick to let us know...

Holden with a wrinkly forehead.
Daddy on the floor with Holden... "Does this count as "tummy time?"

FOUR
: The average ounces Holden guzzles per feeding... pretty consistently every 2 - 3 hours.

EIGHT POINT SEVEN: Holden's current weight... up more than a pound from when we left the hospital (he was 7. 10 at birth, so chubs-mc-gee is what we be calling him soon).


"The box" a gift from my mother-in-love... her mom also used it. Holden is hit and miss with this one...

TWO: Number of my breasts that have felt the true pains of engorgement. I told Marissa and Brandi I could only describe it as if someone had placed fish-hooks through my nips and then proceeded to hang 20 pound weights from them. (Can I get an "AMEN" from any of the mothers out there?!?!) Was that too much information? Maybe a little inappropriate... this is, after all, a "family blog." ;)

Some light reading material - JK, Danny got the Communist Manifesto from a friend who did not vote Obama. ;)


Pretty Marissa feeding the little guy.

TWELVE: Number of washable nursing (breast) pads randomly strewn about our home at any given moment. last night Danny asked me if I was playing frisbee with them, because there really is no rhyme or reason to where they're showing up...

Brandi Honey, holding Holden...

More Marizle...

THREE:Average times Holden gets up during the night... usually between 11:45 and 12:30; another housecall around 2 am, and then one final hurrah anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30...


Grandpa Dave and Grandma Stevie

THIRTY: Pounds I've lost since Holden's birth. Let's just say that last couple of weeks of pregnancy I had so much water weight to gain, it's fair to say that it should've been easy for me to lose that much so quick. But I will add that with how much Holden is eating, this breastmilk/nursing/pumping thing is the greatest crash diet I've ever been on. Oh, and I can get into my "fat jeans" ... which shouldn't be something to celebrate, but I'm going to anyway....I weigh what I did in May of 2008.


Grandma Stevie and Grandpa Dave

Donna - the dopest nurse in the world... WE LOVED HER!

13 comments:

Bergeson Family said...

I love hearing about that "cutest ever" baby boy! Glad to know all is well in your little family! We miss you at YW's! :)

Melanie said...

For sure AMEN!! Now you can feel my pain when I told you I went to a freakin size H when I was nursing!

Allison said...

I will second you as well on the engorgement issue. My sis inlaw once told me to just tough it out for 6 weeks, then it's all down hill from there. I agree. Unless of coarse you get thrush and pass it back and forth between you and baby for the next few months, then you are living little versions of Hell each "latch!" Avoid Thrush like the plague. He is so, so cute!

Staci said...

These are great...Marissa looks so natural holding a baby..she needs to have one. He is so sweet..I'm envious!

King Family said...

Wow, congratulations.

He is handsome, and your blog is funny.

It sounds like he is sleeping well and you are adjusting well. We are happy for you and your family.

We also still look forward to getting together. Did I mention, we are having a boy?

Can't wait to get together...

Seth

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

HOLY CRAP! You have a Freakin' baby! He's adorable. I can't wait to squeeze him!

Cicely said...

I bet Holden is having his diaper changed right....... now.

Spencer Davis said...

What kind of daipars are you using?

Did you see this on SNL? I thought about you when I saw it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/55587/saturday-night-live-pampers#s-p1-st-i3

Jenn said...

AMEN. Fish hooks and 20 pound weights? Yep... that's definitely the best description I've ever heard. Dead on. I haven't a nursed a baby in 5 years but I can feel it like it was yesterday. Yowza. (hang in there, it does get better)

WIKKY said...

seriously, can you believe how many diapers they go through? you still doing the cloth thing? can you imagine how many diapers that octoplet woman will be going through? nasty thought.
I am so glad that you have such a great attitude about the lack of sleep, the huge boobies and the nursing pads (lol). Sometimes when it is two in the morn, you just want to toss them cause it is just that much easier!

The Key's said...

Suite he is so adorable!! Congrats on such a cutem healthy baby boy! I'm so happy for you and Danny :) I miss ya like crazy though!! Hope all is going good!!

Meesh said...

It was so crazy to see you at the Dr.office on monday. Holden is a doll and it sounds as though you are loving mommyhood. It is priceless. I am so happy with my little babe, it never gets old. P.S. I totally relate to the breast thing, and this is my third time around. They still KILL me each time he latches on. Go figure.

Erin said...

You get a resounding AMEN from me... I'm weaning as you know and it's double fish hooks + 20 lbs every night. I laughed right out loud at your description. Graphic and accurate. haha!