Monday, September 15, 2008

Nothing Much Ado About Nothing

Lovelies…

We had a lovely time in Long Island. It was a super quick trip with Wedding festivities from Friday night to Sunday morning (I’ll give you details once Swanky Peach sends the photos.)

So in the meantime, it’s my birthday in three days. Not that it means much, but I’m turning 31. I think that I’m feeling pretty good about life these days. Holden and Danny make life worth everything.

I thought I’d never be happy until I was thin, or rich or could afford my first pair of Manolo Blahniks… but I think the reality of being a mother and being married to my soul mate makes life richer and fuller than any footwear (though, Madonna did say wearing Manolo’s was better than sex; so I guess everything’s up for debate.)

That kind of reminds me about my favorite line from one of my favourite movies in the world (and pretty much the ONLY film I’ve ever really enjoyed Will Ferrell in because I think he’s a little too over the top): Stranger than Fiction.



(Cicely, I think you should do a movie review on it so everyone can enjoy the brilliance of this film. Also, Maggie Gyllenhall is such a fabulous indie darling in this film... she's so luscious, even Danny was digging her. )  

Dr. Jules Hilbert, played by Dustin Hoffman is explaining to Harold Crick (Ferrell) his options for living the last few remaining moments of his life. The dialogue is brilliant.

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.

Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind, in a choice between pancakes and living.... chooses pancakes?

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.

Two weeks ago in my pregnancy, I was totally craving wheat pancakes, so I’d have to agree with Hilbert’s summation. 


3 comments:

WIKKY said...

I LOVE that show. Those pancakes look absolutely wonderful! I want to jump right in to my computer and have a taste right now. Happy Birthday in a few days. You are so young. Your parents cheated and put you in early. Way to go Suites!

Spencer Davis said...

Who craves wheat pancakes? The only thing worse would be if they also had banana chuncks in them. What an abomination.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh. I have the best recipe for wheat pancakes!
Mel Smoot