Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crimes Against Humanity (well, me and my subaru, at least)

So it’s been an interesting last few days. I went to my car in (the garage of) our apartment Tuesday morning to discover that not only was my laptop NOT in the car; the driver’s side passenger window had been busted into. . . glass shattered, my heart sank and I shifted immediately to panic mode.

I’d been violated.
I wasn’t safe.
I was already late for work.
My WORK LAPTOP WAS GONE! (wedding pictures, 6 years of corporate history).

So needless to say, we spent the day getting the window fixed, changing bank accounts and the like.

Fortunately, no one was hurt . . .

While sorting through my emotions that ranged from panic, insecurity and sheer angst . . . I asked Danny to help me find compassion for the person who did this.

“Why would someone do this?” I asked.

“Maybe their kids were not going to get a Christmas so they needed your computer.”

Yeah, maybe. I’m sure my wedding photos, employee performance evaluations and 2008 Recruitment Marketing Strategy for SkyWest Airlines will bring them a very merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays all.
And to all, a good night.


PS. Danny and I are currently watching all of the DVDs from “Freaks and Geeks.” Get it watch it. Love it. Laugh . . . a great replacement for the lack of new “Office” episodes.