Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crimes Against Humanity (well, me and my subaru, at least)

So it’s been an interesting last few days. I went to my car in (the garage of) our apartment Tuesday morning to discover that not only was my laptop NOT in the car; the driver’s side passenger window had been busted into. . . glass shattered, my heart sank and I shifted immediately to panic mode.

I’d been violated.
I wasn’t safe.
I was already late for work.
My WORK LAPTOP WAS GONE! (wedding pictures, 6 years of corporate history).

So needless to say, we spent the day getting the window fixed, changing bank accounts and the like.

Fortunately, no one was hurt . . .

While sorting through my emotions that ranged from panic, insecurity and sheer angst . . . I asked Danny to help me find compassion for the person who did this.

“Why would someone do this?” I asked.

“Maybe their kids were not going to get a Christmas so they needed your computer.”

Yeah, maybe. I’m sure my wedding photos, employee performance evaluations and 2008 Recruitment Marketing Strategy for SkyWest Airlines will bring them a very merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays all.
And to all, a good night.


PS. Danny and I are currently watching all of the DVDs from “Freaks and Geeks.” Get it watch it. Love it. Laugh . . . a great replacement for the lack of new “Office” episodes.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

That's what you get for living in the city. Maybe you guys should join the rest of us out in the suburbs...hmm

Spencer Davis said...

This would never have happened had you two lived on the east bench.

Check this out--

http://scifinerdblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/before-romeo-juliet-there-was-tristan.html

Its an amazing review that someone (me) wrote about Freaks and Geeks. It really is one of the best shows ever.